Everything Wrong With The Hunger Games Movie
The Hunger Games. May the odds be ever in your favor. Twitter filling up with Tweets and spoilers of the action movie where Jennifer Laurence volunteers for her sister, Willow Shields, for the 74th annual Hunger Games she fights with Josh Hutcherson and pulls the Capitol in on the ruse that the guy that got his name from a delicious bread and Mystique love each other.
Has anyone bothered to think about the things Gary Ross did wrong with the movie? Nope. Because print is dead.
I’ve compiled a list to show you guys what’s wrong with the movie.
- In the Arena, after Katniss buries Rue in a coffin of flowers District 11 gives her a tin of bread. A tin of bread. Because no one cares about Marvel dying. No one.
- The movie would have to be rated R for all the times Katniss is naked with Cinna, Lavinia, and the rest of her stylists. No joke.
- The book ended with Katniss telling Peeta that the whole love act was for the Capitol. Peeta gets pissed. It doesn’t end abruptly by President Snow walking up a staircase looking like a grumpy Santa Clause.
- The cornucopia’s gold. I think.
- Peeta and Katniss get one last interview with Caesar Flickerman. So Stanley Tucci should’ve been in more of the movie.
- The red-headed Avox girl that Katniss recognize from when she and Gale see her while hunting.
- One word: Madge.
- The Mockingjay pin is given to Katniss by… Madge. In the movie I think someone at the Hob gives it to her. Or it’s a family heirloom.
That’s all the things I can think about now. Stay tuned for everything wrong with Catching Fire, but that’ll be when the second movie comes out on TV.