My Favorite Music
Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer 80s and 70s music. I prefer Men At Work over Imagine Dragons, A-Ha over One Direction, Bee Gees over Justin Bieber (no brainer there). Of course I like Adele’s music. There’s nothing wrong with her. But Taylor Swift has plagued our society. Tears For Fears, Men Without Hats, ELO, Beatles, Depeche Mode (even though SOME of their songs are less-than-tasteful), and just about every other band that’s currently in my search bar.
These are some of my personal favorites.
- Everything Counts by Depeche Mode. Awesome song. Seriously. The first time I heard it was at a hotel in New York City when I was eight, and since then it’s been my favorite song.
- Forever Young by Alphaville. It’s an awesome song. And sometimes I think of it philosophically.
- In A Big Country by Big Country. An awesome song with bagpipes. Who hates bagpipes?
- People Are People by Depeche Mode. A song I think is about racism. It has a pretty darn good point.
- Bloody Sunday by U2. Sunday, bloody Sunday. What’s more to say. Besides the tune is awesome!!!
- Overkill by Men At Work. The song for the insomniac. It’s one of those songs that you just want to listen to over and over. It’s great.
- Big In Japan by Alphaville. ‘Cause it’s Big In Japan.
- Skyfall by Adele. First of all it’s a Bond song. Second of all, the tune is awesome and jammy.
- Take On Me by A-Ha. An awesome song that made its way into my favorite car commercial.
- Vienna Calling by Falco. When my brother heard this on the car radio, I swear it’s the only thing that we listened to for a whole week. I kid you not.
That’s only a sample of good music.